It’s been a while since I started my own venture. With every step of entrepreneurship, I came to know what it takes to build a successful venture.
And the answer is – Happy Customers.
Customers are the priority of any business but managing the relationship is not that easy. Therefore, I decided to work on it. For improving the business-customer relationship, I explored both pre-built CRM system and custom- built CRM system.
With my experience, here I want to give you 7 Reasons Why you should have a Custom Built CRM System-
1. According to your needs : Every business is different and so are the needs then why use the same CRM software? A custom-built CRM system is customized just according to the needs of your business and your customers. Ultimately It will also take less time for your team members to adopt the workflow.
2. Cost-effective : When you are running a business that is still in the developing state you need to be budget conscious. Most of the pre-built CRM softwares have dozens of features that you might not need. Then why pay for them? With custom-CRM development, just pay for what you actually need.
3. Integration: When you are working with a CRM system, you might need to connect it to either another internal service or a third party app for better productivity. Integrating a pre-built CRM software with any third party tool can be a little too difficult and expensive. A custom-built CRM system can do the task with ease.
4. Make your own Changes : A budding business needs to adopt the ongoing market trends and so your CRM system might need some changes at different stages. As most of the available CRM softwares are based on the demands of their key enterprise customers, they often neglect the needs of the SMBs. Investing in custom CRM development will allow you to get in direct contact with the developers and hence make your own changes according to the requirements.
5. Data Migration : Migrating from one CRM system to another is a quite common phenomenon. This might be because of limited features, or any other reasons. But is it possible to do so? Migrating is no difficult but when you migrate from a pre-built CRM system, it can lead to heavy data loss. But when you migrate it from a custom-built CRM system, it allows you to migrate all the necessary stuff with least compromises.
6. Data Security: There are a plenty of open source CRM softwares out there. If you look with the point of accessibility and cost-effectiveness, these softwares can be quite alluring. But as these are open source, anyone with either good or bad intentions can look out for the source codes and this can lead to huge losses.
7. Create your own Custom Apps : A business is not just about the sales department rather it has many other departments like HR, Marketing, IT, etc. To streamline the whole process for better customer experience, you can build different apps for different departments with your CRM system based on the database.
The old phrase “Customer is the king” holds true in today’s world as well. I believe you as a business would not like to take any chance on that front. It is therefore advisable to have a CRM software custom built to your needs so that you can provide the best service to your customers.