Mutual funds, bonds, and the stock market – these are just a few of the endless ways to invest one’s hard-earned money. For financial and business experts, the real estate business would be the most superior and profitable investment one could have.
Take a look at Bob’s case. Bob is a marketing manager in a private company. He has spent years working hard and has finally decided to put his money to work for long-term investment. However, he is confused about where to invest his money and he cannot risk just relying on beginner’s luck. Fortunately, he has a friend who works as a real estate web developer andtold him that it is best to invest in real estate.
Bob’s friend showed him a few real estate website designs which made him even more excited and interested in real estate investment.
When it comes to investing, goals vary for different people. Some are like Bob, who is aiming for long-term investment, while some are after short-term returns. Whatever the reasons are, it is crucial to know and understand the benefits that real estate investment can give.
Real estate investing refers to the purchase or acquisition of property that serves as an investment to generate income. Real estate can be classified depending on their properties and uses. This includes the following:
1. Residential real estate – This pertains to home and is utilized for residential purposes. This includes single, duplex, triplex, bungalow, township, or any house that is to be resold by the owner.
2. Commercial real estate – This refers to office buildings or complex units that are utilized to run various businesses.
3. Industrial real estate – This pertains to large scale properties used as warehouses, factories, manufacturing units, and others.
A real estate investment offers many advantages and provides a huge potential for long-term success that investors can enjoy.
Listed below are the top 5 reasons why investors are looking towards real estate businesses to invest.
1. It generates passive income – Passive income refers to the income one can receive even without active participation to receive it. Don’t get it wrong. Work is still required in generating passive income; however, it is primarily an upfront work. For example, rental properties. The tenants are required to pay the monthly rent and offer the possibility of generating enough income to cover the monthly mortgage payment. The monthly rental fee can provide a steady cash flow.
2. It provides a better return on investment or ROI – Real estate gives investors more control over their properties as they leverage to capitalize and enjoy capital appreciation. This means that investors can see and gain earnings for an average of up to 8% annually. This, in turn, guarantees a high return on investment.
3. It provides cash flow for retirement – When done right, real estate investing helps generate steady cash flow for retirees. The money generated can be used to supplement retirement years, thus, putting less pressure on expensive retirement plans.
4. It comes with tax write-offs – Not everyone may be aware of, but real estate investing provides numerous tax benefits in the form of reductions. The tax write-offs may include costs associated with property tax, mortgage interest, operating expenses, utilities, repairs, and other related expenses. These can be deducted from the gross rental income, thus, reduces the overall taxes that investors should pay.
5. It appreciates well over time – Before investing in real estate, one should do proper research to find a property with the best growth potential. Experts say that the longer one can hold in real estate, the more income they can generate over some time. The value of real estate increases over time due to the increase in demands. This gives investors peace of mind and security concerning their future earnings.
The benefits of real estate investment which include passive income, better return on investment, stable cash flow, tax advantages, and appreciation cannot be overstated.
If done wisely, real estate investment is proven to be useful and beneficial in the long run and can help generate lucrative returns.